By: Samar Shiraz
On Eid, we love to serve desserts to our friends and family. Here is a recipe with a new twist on the traditional custard. Serve hot and freshly baked Taza Apple Strudel with home made chilled vanilla custard this eid and wow everyone!
- TAZA apple strudel 1
- Whole milk or half and half 300 ml
- Egg yolks 3
- Corn starch 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Sugar 1/4th cup
- Remove frozen Taza Apple Strudel from packaging. Bake the strudel according to the directions on the pack, set aside.
- While the strudel is baking, prepare the vanilla custard. On a medium flame simmer milk or half and half.
- In a bowl whisk in egg yolks corn flour sugar and vanilla extract, keep whisking until smooth then gradually add half of the hot milk from the pot and mix well, this step is very important to avoid scrambling of eggs,
- Pour in all the egg mix in the pot and keep stirring until you get smooth and silky texture and custard thickens. Wait for 10 minutes to cool down the custard. Then place in a serving bowl in the fridge to chill.
- Serve with piping hot slices of apple strudel.
About the Author:
Samar Shiraz loves to cook and share her recipes. She has a cooking blog at http://samarcooks.com and a Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMZE4_UvQsDfHBo1QghRLA/