By: Samar Shiraz
These creamy fried sandwiches are easy to make, scrumptious and filling for a quick and hot lunch, dinner or a tea time snack.
- 500 gms chicken (boiled and shredded) replace chicken with chopped mushrooms for vegetarian version
- 1 1/2 cup milk (coconut milk or rice milk for vegan version)
- 1tsp mustard paste
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp spring onions
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- bread slices as needed
- oil for shallow frying as needed
- beaten eggs as needed
- Boil chicken with salt pepper and 1tsp ginger garlic paste, for added flavor you can add soya sauce and vinegar, both 1-1tsp.
- Place butter in pan, let it warm up then add green chillies and spring onions, sauté for a minute. Add flour, cook until light golden, gradually add milk and whisk until mixture starts to thicken and becomes creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste and mustard paste then fold in all the chicken and mix until well combined, let the mixture cool.
- Take bread slices, flatten them with a rolling pin, generously spread the mixture, cover with another bread slice, press it lightly, cut in triangles and keep them in fridge for 10 minutes to get firm and easier to handle while frying.
- Coat in beaten eggs and shallow fry in pan until golden on each sides. For extra flavor add a little butter to the frying pan with oil.
- This mixture will make up to a dozen of triangle sandwiches.
- Serve hot with cole slaw or sauce of your choice.
About the Author:
Samar Shiraz love to cook and share her recipes. She has a cooking blog at http://samarcooks.com and a Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMZE4_UvQsDfHBo1QghRLA/