By: Samar Shiraz
Everyone loves chicken bread with its crispy crust and soft creamy filling. Here is a simple and delicious recipe using Taza Puff Pastry sheets.
- Taza puff pastry sheets as required
- Boiled boneless chicken shredded 1 cup
- Butter 2tbsp
- Flour 2 tbsp
- Milk 1 cup
- Spring onion 1/2 cup
- Salt and pepper as required
- Oregano dry 1/4th tsp
- Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- Beaten egg
- Sesame seed to sprinkle on top
- Thaw the pastry sheets, prepare a baking tray and preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Place butter in pan, when melted add flour and stir for couple of minutes then add milk and keep stirring until smooth and creamy, add salt pepper oregano spring onions and chicken, let the mixture cool.
- Place Taza puff pastry sheets and join edges together to get a rectangular shape, place filling in centre and spread it gently towards the edges, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top,
- Cover it with two squares using the same technique, seal the sides properly and make fork impression,
- brush the top with beaten egg and sprinkle sesame seed and oregano,
- Bake it on given temperature for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden, serve hot with Taza Chilli sauce.
- This filling will yield two chicken breads using four squares for each bread.
About the Author:
Samar Shiraz loves to cook and share her recipes. She has a cooking blog at http://samarcooks.com and a Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMZE4_UvQsDfHBo1QghRLA/