By: Samar Shiraz
Try this recipe with our special behari masala. You can make this in chicken or beef and enjoy the delicious gravy.
- Chicken or beef 1 inch cubed, 500 gms
- Ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion paste 1/4th cup
- Brown onion 4 tbsp
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Garam masala powder 1tsp
- Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt 4 tbsp
- Oil 2 to 4 tbsp
- Onion slices, mint leaves, lemon slices, julienned ginger and chopped green chilli for garnish
- Marinate chicken or beef with all the above ingredients and let it rest for at least one hour or overnight.
- Place the marinade in the cooking pot on high flame, keep stirring until all the marinade gets coated on meat and changes its colour.
- when oil starts to separates let it simmer on low flame and add bit of water if using beef (beef will take longer to cook) or for having some gravy.
- For added flavor give it coal smoke (optional). Place a burning coal on top of a bread piece in the pot and close the lid. Remove before serving.
- Serve hot and garnish with onion rings, mint leaves, lemon slices, julienned ginger and chopped green chillies.
About the Author:
Samar Shiraz loves to cook and share her recipes. She has a cooking blog at http://samarcooks.com and a Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMZE4_UvQsDfHBo1QghRLA/