By: Samar Shiraz
A delicious chicken curry recipe to make for your family or to serve at a dinner party.
- Chicken with bone 500 gms
- Ginger Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Yogurt 4 tbsp.
- Tomato paste 4 tbsp.
- Fried Onions 4 tbsp.
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- For Tempering: Hand full of curry leaves, 4 to 6 green chillies, black cumin seeds1tsp
- Cooking oil 1/4th cup
- Place yogurt, brown onions, ginger garlic paste, tomato paste, all the dry spices in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients until well combined and marinate the chicken in them for at least 30 minutes or overnight in fridge.
- Heat oil in a wok and add curry leaves cumin seeds and green chillies and fry them on medium heat for a minute.
- Add chicken, stir well and keep stirring on high heat for few minutes.
- After the mixture starts to change its color, add around a cup or as needed hot water to make the gravy.
- Leave it on simmer for around 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and oil comes on top.
- Enjoy with Zeera rice, Naan or Roti. 🙂
About the Author:
Samar Shiraz love to cook and share her recipes. She has a cooking blog at http://samarcooks.com and a Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMZE4_UvQsDfHBo1QghRLA/