By: Samar Shiraz
Who doesn’t love hot naans off the oven? Now you can enjoy some home made naans by following this recipe. This recipe does not require an oven or yeast!
- All purpose flour 1 cup
- Durum or Chakki atta 1 cup
- Sugar 4 tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt 1/2 cup or as needed to make soft dough
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Oil as required
- Sesame seeds, mixed very finely chopped nuts as needed
- Water as needed
- Take a large bowl, mix in flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda, then gradually add yogurt to make soft dough, this will require about 1/2 cup yogurt.
- Finish the dough with some sprinkling of water if needed,
- Top the dough with some oil to keep it soft, cover and let it rest for at least forty minutes.
- Take out a fist sized dough ball and roll it with rolling pin, it should not be very thin.
- Generously spread your choice of nuts or sesame seed, roll it so that the nuts get stuck to the doe.
- Prick it with fork all around to avoid puffiness
- Place it on tawa on medium heat, after few seconds when small bubbles appear flip the side and pour some oil on top and base,
- Press the naan with spatula from all the sides and cook until golden from both sides. This dough will make 4 large or 6 small naans.
- Serve hot with your choice of sweet or savory dish.
About the Author:
Samar Shiraz loves to cook and share her recipes. She has a cooking blog at http://samarcooks.com and a Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMZE4_UvQsDfHBo1QghRLA/