By: Samar Shiraz
On Eid, we love to serve desserts to our friends and family. Here is a recipe with a new twist on the Arabic Umm Ali dessert. Use Taza Puff pastry sheets to make the dessert crispy and delicious and add a fresh taste to this traditional dessert.
- TAZA puff pastry 6 to 8 sheets
- Half and half 1 cup
- Heavy cream 1 cup
- Sugar 1/4th cup or to taste
- Green cardamom powder 1tsp
- Cinnamon powder a pinch
- Coconut desiccated as needed
- Chopped almonds, pistachios as needed
- Sesame seeds as needed
- Remove Taza puff pastry sheets from packaging. Bake pastry sheets in an oven proof glass dish following directions on the box, set aside.
- Whip heavy cream until a bit thick, set aside.
- Take a sauce pan, pour in half and half and let it boil, add sugar cardamom powder and cinnamon powder and some of the nuts and mix well.
- Let it cook for few minutes, remove from heat then add half of the cream and save half for topping,
- Start the dessert layering. Place puff pastry sheets in a baking pan.
- Sprinkle generous amount of nuts on puff pastry sheets then pour the milk mix, spread whipped cream on top completely and sprinkle remaining nuts as topping
- Bake it on 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until light golden on top, remove from oven, serve hot or cold.
About the Author:
Samar Shiraz loves to cook and share her recipes. She has a cooking blog at http://samarcooks.com and a Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMZE4_UvQsDfHBo1QghRLA/