By Sarah Butt
As mothers we can all relate to the fact that feeding vegetables to our kids is a daily challenge. But we also know that kids love nuggets and croquettes. Here is a simple recipe that offers the nutrition and benefits of vegetables and the taste and appeal of croquettes.
Serves 8-10 ( approximately)
- 4-6 potatoes
- Peas :1/4 cup
- Carrots: 1/4 cup
- Broccoli :1/4 cup
- Red bell pepper: (chopped thin) (optional ) 1/4 cup
- Red onion :1/4 cup (optional)
- Green onion :2 stalks
- Salt :(to taste )
- Black pepper: (to taste )
- Garlic powder: (1-1.5 tsp)
- Egg :1
- Almond flour :1/2 cup
- Cheese : blocks (cut 8-10 squares to fit inside patties)
- OR shredded cheese : 1 cup
- Boil the potatoes until tender and put aside. Let the potatoes cool down and remove the skin .
- Bring the water to a boil and put in chopped carrots, peas and broccoli. Boil for 2-3 minutes until tender, but not too soft .
- Put in the boiled potatoes, carrots, peas, broccoli, red bell pepper, red onion, green onion in the food processor and process until all vegetables are mixed in the mixture .
- Take out the mixture from the food processor, place in a bowl and add shredded cheese. If you are using cheese blocks then dont add the shredded cheese.
- Add almond flour to the mixture until it is sticky enough to form patties.
- Form patties, use oil on your hands if the mixture seems sticky.
- If you chose to use block cheese, cut it into small squares and stuff in patties.
- Dip in egg and fry in oil in a fry pan until golden brown both sides .
- You have delicious crispy vegetable croquettes !!