By Chef Marzia Rizvi
This nacho bouquet recipe is nutritious and healthy and provides plant proteins. It is also filled with fun flavors & super easy to make especially during the holy month of Ramadan where we want to spend time in Prayers & Supplications.
- Red Kidney beans – 1 Can
- Onions finely chopped – 1
- Tomatoes (pureed)- 2 medium
- 1 cup Tomato ketchup (optional)
- Garlic – 1 to 2 crushed
- Paprika powder- 1½ tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Onion powder- 1 tbsp
- Olive oil for cooking (roughly 2 tbsp)
- Salt – according to taste
- Chopped cilantro leaves (for garnishing)
- Marble Cheese Grated – 1 cup
- Tortillas -Cut into half rolled in to cones and secured with toothpicks to bake.
- In a pan, add ghee/oil and fry the onions till they become soft. Add crushed garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add pureed tomatoes and continue to cook on a medium flame.
- Add onion powder, paprika & Cumin powder and cook.
- Add the kidney beans to this mixture.
- Adjust salt according to taste and allow the beans to cook and blend in with the the rest of the spice.
- Add the ketchup.
- Allow the mixture to cook on a low flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Once done set aside to cool down.In a muffin pan set your Tortilla cones & pre heat the oven on broil. Place your pan inside and let them lightly crisp. Once they turn a light golden color, remove them as you don’t want them to burn. (Note-Tortillas once in oven just takes few minutes to crisp.)
- Assembling: Take a tortilla cone and fill it up with the prepared mixture and then garnish it with cheese & cilantro. These tortillas go along very well with a chunky salsa or sour cream & chives. After assembling the Nacho bouquet should look like this:
Enjoy your iftar with your family!
About the Author:
Marzia Shamsi is a single mother to two lovely kids. Brought up in the UAE, a Canadian resident originally from India. A professional chef out of house while at home her first and last name is Mom. An amateur blogger who’s just started out, Marzia loves to share her thoughts and knowledge and dreams of owning her own restaurant some day.
Photo Credit: Food photo created by freepik – www.freepik.com