By: Samar Shiraz
At iftar we want foods which are tasty, filling and nutritious. This chat recipe fits the bill and been made using Taza Punjabi Samosas.
- TAZA punjabi samosas 3
- Boiled chickpeas 1 cup
- Tomatoes onions cilantro and green chillies as required
- Beaten yogurt 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Amchoor powder 1tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Chaat masala as needed
- Fried onion 2 tbsp
- Tomato puree 2tbsp
- Green chutney
- TAZA imli and chilli sauce
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Remove Taza Pubjabi Samosas from packaging. Fry samosas until golden and set aside.
- For cholay take a sauce pan with oil, add ginger garlic paste and saute. Add boiled chickpeas then add all the spices, fried onions and tomato puree,
- Mix well and add water, simmer until gets saucy and thick, remove from flame.
- Take a large dish and begin assembling the chat. Break samosas in big chunks and spread on the bottom of the dish.
- Pour the cholay mix then sprinkle vegetables,
- Pour green chutney, TAZA chilli and imli sauce then pour in all the yogurt.
- Finish it by sprinkling chaat masala. Delicious chaat is ready to eat!
About the Author:
Samar Shiraz loves to cook and share her recipes. She has a cooking blog at http://samarcooks.com and a Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMZE4_UvQsDfHBo1QghRLA/