By Marzia Shamsi
Classic Eton mess is a quick, crowd-pleasing dessert when made with store bought meringue. It’s also a great way to use up broken homemade meringue (my personal preference). Classically Eton mess is made with whipped cream, meringue and strawberries, but you can add replace them with seasonal fruits too, or try it with raspberries, bananas and pineapples. Here’s how to make it.
- 500g strawberries, hulls removed
- 400ml/14fl oz. double cream
- 3 x 7.5cm/3 in ready-made meringue nests, crushed
- sprigs of fresh mint, to garnish
- Purée half the strawberries in a blender and chop the rest, reserving four for garnish.
- Layer the martini glass first with crushed meringue then whipped cream and fruits and repeat. Top off with sliced strawberries.
About the Author:
Marzia Shamsi is a single mother to two lovely kids. Brought up in the UAE, a Canadian resident originally from India. A professional chef out of house while at home her first and last name is Mom. An amateur blogger who’s just started out, Marzia loves to share her thoughts and knowledge and dreams of owning her own restaurant some day.