Recipe of the Week: Mom’s Special Stir Fried Tiger Prawns
By Marzia Shamsi
Growing up watching Mom make fabulously delicious meals in minutes would always surprise me. My mom has been my very first mentor and my inspiration for creating magic through food that is quick to make, yet delicious and appetizing.
The famous chef Michael Smith said:
The best recipes are often created when done without a recipe.
This is how I grew up learning how to cook. The tastes, smells, colours, textures and hours of patient practice under her guidance for years made me into the chef that I am today
Our dinner parties would always and still remain one of their kind, often consisting of a lavish spread including ten to a dozen varieties of dishes from starters to entrees and desserts.
Today I am sharing one of my mom’s special stir fried tiger prawns recipe.
It is super easy to make and makes for a finger-licking good starter for all occasions.
- 1kg tiger shrimps (deveined & shells on)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tblsp salt
- 1 tblsp ginger garlic paste
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup parsley
- 2 cups cilantro
- 1 cup melted butter
- Marinate the prawns in lemon juice, ginger- garlic paste and salt for an hour then drain out excess water.
- Marinate prawns in ginger garlic paste for half an hour then stir- fry or grill them and keep aside.
- Add finely chopped garlic, cilantro leaves and parsley into a cup of melted lightly browned butter
- In a pan saute all three ingredients and fry until garlic turns into a beautiful golden brown colour then mix in grilled prawn and sautee for few minutes until the sauce has completely blended in prawns.
- Serve hot with a slice of lemon.
About the Author:
Marzia Shamsi is a single mother to two lovely kids. Brought up in the UAE, a Canadian resident originally from India. A professional chef out of house while at home her first and last name is Mom. An amateur blogger who’s just started out, Marzia loves to share her thoughts and knowledge and dreams of owning her own restaurant some day.