Recipe of the Week: Easy Peasy Pepper Steak Pie
By Marzia Shamsi
Lost for idea when you are expecting guests on a short notice or just want to create something fun and interesting for your kids to take for lunch? Worry not, my five steps pepper stake pie is here. A crispy pie crust with some piping hot delicious steak filling inside opens new dimensions to different flavours to indulge on. I can bet this one shall soon make its way to the top favourites in your house just like mine! Enjoy!
- 20 ml Olive Oil
- 2 to 3 Onions (finely chopped)
- 5 to 6 cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 1/2 Cups Beef Stock
- 50 g Flour
- 800 g Beef rump, cubed
- 1 Roll puff pastry, thawed
- 15 ml Black pepper
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- Roll beef cubes in pepper and dust in flour.
- In a pan heat oil and brown the cubes.Remove from pan & reserve.
- On medium heat in the same pan add chopped onions & garlic until soft.
- Add your meat, pepper & stock bring to boil. Simmer until soft and gravy comes to a thick consistency.
- Place in an ovenproof dish or 4 individual ramekins. Roll out the pastry and place over the mixture to create the top of the pie. Brush with beaten egg. Bake in a preheated between 180c- 200°C oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with mashed potato and vegetables or enjoy just the way it is.
About the Author:
Marzia Shamsi is a single mother to two lovely kids. Brought up in the UAE, a Canadian resident originally from India. A professional chef out of house while at home her first and last name is Mom. An amateur blogger who’s just started out, Marzia loves to share her thoughts and knowledge and dreams of owning her own restaurant some day.